Durga Puja for women is all about dressing up in stunning sarees while pandal hopping. Sarees are timelessly chic and fashionable. There cannot be a perfect attire other than a gorgeous saree for the Shashti, Saptami, Ashtami, and Navami night.
Sarees are so in trend during puja that there is almost a fashion parade of women flaunting this ethnic outfit on streets and pandals. Be it a Shashti afternoon or Navami night, a saree can never fail you. You will never run out of fashion choices while opting for a classy saree.
Durga puja is also all about sticking to your traditions. And a saree is the perfect representation of the Bengal culture. It is a beautiful nine-yard piece of cloth that reeks of authenticity and traditions.
Now that you know that Durga puja is almost incomplete without sarees, here are your tips for saree shopping:
- For Shashti pandal hopping, you can opt for a lighter variety of kota silk or jari saree. The Shasti crowd is lighter, and a saree without too many colors or excessive embroidery would be the best choice.
- For Saptami night, you can dress up like a diva in a stunning saree in unique shades. Don’t stick to the usual colors on that day. Be a bit experimental about your style. An ethnic tissue handwork saree in pretty shades like golden or beige can do the magic.
- For Ashtami night, go all traditional and “desi.” An intricately designed and gorgeous chanderi silk saree or a beautiful moonga silk saree is the perfect option. Go for sarees with the traditional red border or any other symbol of the Bengali traditions to stand out from the crowd.
- Dress up all classy and sleek for the last day of the Puja-Navami night. Flaunt your fashion sense in a pure georgette saree in a darker shade or a multi-color silk printed saree. Make sure your outfit reflects and celebrates the beauty and vibrancy of the grandeur on that day.
- Last but not least, go for a very simple and non-fancy saree for Dashami. Dashami is the day to bid adieu to goddess Durga. So don’t dress too over the top on that day. Go for a light and airy cotton or printed saree. Make sure the shade is very subtle.
Here are some additional fashion tips to nail that “perfect look” on these four days:
- For morning pandal hopping sessions, go for light pastel shades. Avoid flashy or heavy designs and shades as much as you can.
- For afternoon pandal hopping sessions, dress up in sarees in a more comfortable material like cotton or handloom to escape from the summer heat.
- While enjoying the late evening or late night shenanigans, go overboard and dress up in heavily embroidered sarees. Experiment with unusual shades and materials.
Sarees are a nine-yard wonder that can instantly elevate your fashion statement and sense. Every woman looks elegant in a beautiful saree. And for a grand occasion like Durga Puja, it is a perfect choice.